For The President, All In A Day's Work
Students learn the primary responsibilities of the president and how those duties connect to the powers the Constitution grants to the Executive Branch. Students also learn about the types of issues the Executive Branch deals with and which federal agencies handle them.
Got a 1:1 classroom? Download fillable PDF versions of this lesson's materials below!
Students will be able to ...
- Identify powers of the executive branch described in Article II of the U.S. Constitution
- Describe the responsibilities of the president and vice president
- Evaluate the difficulty of certain presidential responsibilities
- Name the current president and vice president and their political party
- Recall the length of a president’s term and the number of terms to which a president may be elected
- Understand presidential succession and identify the officeholders next in line to become president
- Identify key departments in the executive branch
Resources for this lesson are available in print and digital form. A free teacher account is required to access them. Log in or register below.