Step One: We've Got Issues
In the first of nine steps, students explore two county issues you have chosen. They vote to decide which issue the class will focus on for its “County Solutions” project.
This resource was created with support from the National Association of Counties.
The students will:
- Read articles about two county issues.
- Collect information from the articles.
- Analyze why the issues are significant.
- Identify personal connections to the issues.
- Select one issue to tackle for the County Solutions project.
Resources for this lesson are available in print and digital form. A free teacher account is required to access them. Log in or register below.